RDM Group is looking for a “Demand Planning Specialist” to join the Team in Milan.
The Demand Planning Specialist is responsible for forecasting and demand management activities with customers, and products globally. Captures historical trends, manages exceptions, and creates and maintains forecast models, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance and other sources.
In managing these inputs, the Demand Planning Specialist is accountable for presenting a total demand picture to drive collaboration between stakeholders.
The Demand Planning Specialist is responsible for creating necessary databases, downloads, and reporting to support process activities.
As leader of the demand planning process within the IBP cycle, the Demand Planning Specialist will facilitate stakeholder meetings, directing participants towards collaboration and consensus in finalizing the demand forecast as well as identifying demand drivers and assumptions.
- Develop operational demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation and regions across multiple time horizons;
- Develop and maintain forecasting models using Excel and/or a demand management tool;
- Review historical sales trends, manage outlier data points, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, help develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results using root cause analysis and correction;
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions;
- Identify products with key growth factors and operational constraints to help steer product development;
- Provide input to the Supply Planning and assist developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs or migrations;
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning;
- Collaborate with sales, customers, backoffice to understand demand forecast drivers;
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Controlling to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts;
- Assist with design and implementation of demand planning tools;
- Create key performance metrics to improve effectiveness of the demand planning.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Analytics, CS, Data Analysis, Economics, or Business;
- MBA preferred;
- Around 3 years of demand planning experience, direct experience in a demand management implementation preferred;
- Experience in a similar position in an industrial environment preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of English is a must;
- Command of Windows Office tools, especially proficiency in Excel;
- Ability to manage strict deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills and attentions to details;
- Proactive approach, problem solving, good soft skills, confidentiality and ability to work in a team.
Location: HQ Milan, viale Isonzo 25.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.