RDM Group is looking for a Mill Health & Safety Officer to join the Team based in Santa Giustina (BL), Italy.
The Mill Health & Safety Officer collaborates with the MilIl Health & Safety Manager in order to ensure that the prevention and protection service takes place according to the specific national/local regulations relating to Health & Safety policies.
The person we are looking for will also support the group’s Italian plants to achieve their targets.
- Identification of risk factors, risk assessment, in collaboration with the RSPP, and identification of measures for the safety and health of the workplace, in compliance with current legislation based on specific knowledge of the company organization;
- Drawing up, to the extent of its competence and in cooperation with the RSPP, the preventive and protective measures and systems referred to in Article 28(2)(b) of Legislative Decree 81/2008 and the control systems for these measures;
- Proposal and elaboration of safety procedures for the various company activities;
- Proposal of information and training programs for workers;
- Participation with management and the Mill Health & Safety Manager in health and safety consultations under Article 35 of Legislative Decree 81/2008;
- Information to workers on the risks associated with their job, pursuant to Article 36 of Legislative Decree 81/2008;
- Checking how accidents occur in the workplace and drawing up specific evaluation sheets leading to the definition of appropriate prevention and protection measures, with the drawing up of statistics on their progress if necessary;
- Supporting company management and the RSPP in the event of any disputes with control bodies;
- Access to workplaces for the specific purpose of verifying the compliance of workplaces with accident prevention regulations and to eliminate or reduce risks to the health and safety of workers and persons who may be in the workplace for various reasons;
- Coordination in the selection and verification of the provision of Personal Protective Equipment to workers, in collaboration with the Prevention and Protection Service Manager, after hearing the opinion of the Workers’ Safety Representative;
- Supervision of workers’ constant and punctual compliance with accident prevention regulations and internal prevention and safety provisions, with prompt notification to the Head of the Prevention and Protection Service of any violations of accident prevention regulations;
- Verification of the adoption of measures to control risk situations in the event of an emergency;
- Instructing workers, in the event of an emergency or serious and immediate danger, about leaving the workplace or dangerous area, about the risk and intervention procedures;
- Information to workers on risks, prevention and protection measures, First Aid, Fire Prevention and Evacuation procedures and the names of those responsible.
- Degree in technical studies, specialising in workers’ health & safety;
- Certifications on ASPP, health & safety, especially concerning industry-specific risks;
- At least 2 year in the same position;
- Good level of english. Another European language is a preferred;
- Availability to travel through the different Italian plants;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to influence others;
- Excellent Problem-solving capabilities and skills, flexibility;
- Hands-on attitude and strong execution skills.
Location: Santa Giustina (BL), Italy