RDM Group is looking for a Technical Office Manager to join the Technical team based in Villa Santa Lucia (FR), Italy.
The Technical Office Manager reports to Technical Manager and collaborates with the Mechanical Maintenance Manager and the Electric Maintenance Manager for unit modifications and quotations concerning costs of mill competence.
He/She plans and coordinates unit modifications, making and implementing new investments (units and machinery) to achieve unit efficiency targets (both the modified and the new ones) set by the Management, while monitoring the execution of installation works. He deals with supplying firms to develop various projects, from design to complete implementation.
He/She collaborates with the Technical Manager to define investment plans concerning units and equipment, to improve efficiency and performance, signalling any anomalies and suggesting adequate actions.
He/She is responsible for the management and supervision of all activities relating to the management of buildings and instrumental services, guaranteeing their safety and well-functioning
- In carrying out the assigned tasks, they are informed on the planned operational methods to ensure that Company activity is executed in full compliance with applicable norms, procedures/instructions concerning safety and the environment (organizational model, management and control in compliance with the current local laws);
- Collaborating with the Maintenance Manager and making the necessary decisions for a correct planning of unit modification actions and new investment implementation, on the basis of production days defined on a budget level for the mill;
- Suggesting new technological solutions to the Maintenance Manager, by constantly monitoring technological innovation in their field and others;
- Working closely with the Production Manager, the Laboratory Supervisor and the Finishing Manager to consider any modifications to optimise available units and machinery in the department;
- He/She is responsible for relationships with technical and unit suppliers, of whom they constantly assess the level of competency in the assigned service and the quality level of the actions carried out. He/She collaborates with the mill procurement department in identifying and pre-assessing suppliers;
- He/She is responsible for optimising costs concerning modifications and new unit implementations (external actions, unit supplies and related implementation, etc.), and he is especially responsible for the efficiency, at the moment of start-up of new or modified units;
- He/She has competency and knowledge of industrial technical design, by using specific programs (i.e. Autocad), in the fields of hydraulics, pneumatics, small mechanical and structural dimensioning; furthermore, they have competency and general knowledge of papermaking technology;
- He/She is responsible for updating system diagrams and setups (both electric and mechanical-unit-related), findings and modifications on mechanical parts and the related filing. He/She has IT competences (making and managing databases on filing programs, i.e. Access);
- Managing assessments and verifications as planned by the current norms, concerning lifting equipment, pressure equipment and lifts, and they manage the filing of user’s guides of such units;
- He/She continuously audits the process of which is responsible for, also by benchmarking with other mills, to optimise the costs of their competence and increase global process efficiency (modifications and new units);
- Keeping constantly in contact with tool and technology external suppliers, with technical departments from other mills, with the field technical working groups to guarantee a continuous comparison and update;
- Ensures the control and maintenance of auxiliary services of plants, buildings, roads, property areas, etc…;
- Ensures the management of the plant’s water distribution, water treatment, air compression, chemical and fire-fighting systems
- Engineering (mechanic-electric-mechatronic field)/industrial technical expert (mechanical, electric, mechatronic field);
- At least 5 years in maintenance department in cartonboard/papermaking firms or similar, of which at least 3 in the technical department of production firms;
- Good knowledge of English. Another European language is a preferred;
- Ability to manage strict deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills and attentions to details;
- Proactive approach, problem solving, good soft skills, confidentiality and ability to work in a team.
Location: Villa Santa Lucia (FR), Italy