RDM is looking for a Mill Health & Safety Manager to join the QESH Team based in the mill in Barcelona.
The Mill Health & Safety Manager is responsible for the prevention and protection service, as per the specific local rules related to H&S policies, and on this basis they must have specific technical and professional skills. They collaborate with the Mill Manager and with the service leaders of various units. They collaborate with the Mill Administrative and Personnel Manager. They are the person of reference for every mill safety activity and oversee all monitoring activities as planned by ISO 45001.
He/she will report to the Mill Manager.
- Seeing to the implementation of the tasks planned by specific local rules related to H&S policies;
- Supporting the Mill Manager in keeping the reference standards of OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 management systems;
- Monitoring and seeing to the management of mill legal requirements and deadlines in compliance with current regulations concerning health & safety in the workplace;
- Verifying the operation/integrity of lifting equipment, pressure devices, etc;
- Processing work procedures and safety instructions, along with department managers and in agreement with the Mill Manager;
- Collaborating with department managers in the assignment of safety notifications;
- Collaborating with the personnel office to implement training courses regarding safety and planned by the current norms;
- Collaborating with the qualified health professional and the Mill Personnel Manager to implement the health protocol and highlight the specific risks related to individual jobs, to allow the Management to position employees in the adequate jobs for safety;
- Seeing to the training on safety of newcomers on the basis of current Group procedures and norms;
- Actively participating in safety teams and in all that concerns safety including legal issues (CSSCT);
- They strive to improve RDM Group’s safety and to benchmark in a view of continuous improvement;
- In collaboration with the Management, they promote campaigns focusing on employees’ safety.
- Degree in technical studies, specialising in workers’ health & safety;
- Certifications on health & safety, especially concerning industry-specific risks;
- At least 2 years in the same position or 3 years as a prevention and protection service officer (ASPP);
- English is a must;
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative international environment;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Excellent Problem-solving capabilities and skills, flexibility;
- Hands-on attitude and strong execution skills;
- Ability to structure, prioritize and organize work across functions.
Location:Castelbisbal (Barcelona area)