The Group Logistics Manager is responsible for logistics inbound and outbound logistics. He/she is in charge of planning and management of all transports, delivery process and freight cost related to sourcing, warehousing and delivering to and from mills and sheeting centers, collaborating with each site warehouse manager and IBP team. He/she is in charge of managing relationships with forwarders and carriers, optimizing and tracking the overall logistic process at Group level.
- Responsible for continuous improvements and periodic/ annual metric targets relative to transportation expenses and service providers expectations.
- Reviews and reports Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s);
- Support the CPO by yearly qualify the suppliers network, according to technical capabilities, costs and service.
- Planning and total management of trucks to Europe, the Mediterranean and the UK and maritime transports across the world;
- Controlling and managing the warehouse flows, control and management of the dispatch offices of all the plants of the group;
- Support the CPO in managing the relationships with service providers, as well as management of transports by sea and by land;
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining critical quality control points to ensure excellent process and product indicators;
- Developing innovative logistics/transport solutions;
- Optimize shipments from international sources and lead to improved delivery time and cost implications.
- Oversees multiple operational projects.
- Manage and advise on value-added activities in the areas of International Transportation and Warehousing such as consolidated freight station, multi-port consolidation opportunities and bonded logistics activities.
- Responsible for the process integration and collaboration with our third party providers. Maintain best in class Logistics process with third party providers staffs both overseas to deliver a seamless goods flow.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or related discipline
- 5-8 years within Supply Chain or Logistics dept, warehousing focused
- Fluency in English
- Learning agility, Teamwork, Relationship building, Change & innovation
- Resources & process management
- Data analysis and financial acumen
- Logistics software systems
- Project management
Milan, with availability to travel within all RDM Group mills