RDM Group is looking for a Mill Environment Manager to join the team based in Ovaro (UD), Italy.
The Mill Environment Manager is responsible for the environmental system of the plant, in compliance with the environmental regulations in force, and guarantees compliance with the reference standards of the ISO 14001 management system. He/She represents a reference person for the Mill Manager in all environmental practices and in the prevention and management of environmental risks.
- Guaranteeing the compliance with ISO 14001 management system and RDM Group integrated policies;
- Collaborating with the Mill Management to prevent and manage environmental risks;
- Collaborating closely with the Mill Health & Safety Manager to process and oversee environmental emergencies, preparing notices to inform the staff of such risks;
- Managing and taking care of the waste management area, both special waste and bulky refuse disposal, ensuring their correct separation and the adequate management of disposal documents;
- In collaboration with the warehousing department, they carry out the tasks concerning waste identification forms and keeping their record, in accordance with current regulations;
- They guarantee the correct keeping of the waste unloading and loading records;
- Verifying that the authorisations of the dedicated forwarders and disposal plants are in compliance with current norms;
- Coordinating with HQ, they plan and carry out internal audits on ISO 14001;
- Concerning the integrated environmental authorisation (AIA), they hold the pertaining records and documents and collaborate actively with the related external consultant firm;
- Overseeing analytical assessments and analysis of water, emissions into the atmosphere and all the data concerning typical mill parameters;
- As they are responsible for safety, they are responsible for verifying and guaranteeing the correct implementation of safety regulations, in accordance with local specific laws and legislations;
- They take an active part in safety teams and promote ideas and innovations;
- Verifying compliance of all the chemicals used in the mill with environmental standards though their technical data sheets.
- Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Sciences;
- Certifications on environment and health & safety, especially concerning industry-specific risks;
- At least 2 years holding the same position;
- Good knowledge of English. Another European language is a preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to influence others;
- Excellent Problem-solving capabilities and skills, flexibility;
- Hands-on attitude and strong execution skills;
- Ability to structure, prioritize and organize work across functions.
Location: Ovaro (UD), Italy
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.